Three months ago, I finished working for other people and forged out on my own. So far, so good.
Our list of work to date includes:
- Secured new clients for Advertising: concept, creation and delivery
- Started PR and Publicity assignments for companies in the UK, Europe and the USA
- Photographed our first magazine features. Our first feature was also a cover piece (the picture seen here)
- Search Engine Optimised a partner blog and increased traffic by over 100%
- Continued to contribute columns and features to trade and consumer media
- Syndicated new and existing feature content to Europe, the USA and Australia
- Partnered with a development company and started working on our Used Car Buyers Guides for iPhone and iPad
- Redeveloped existing websites and registered 12 new domains in line with future plans
The time has come to review progress to date, consolidate our offering and firm up our trading status. Once the business niceties have been settled upon, we can redeploy that brainspace, and increase the focus on our output and where the business is pointing itself for the foreseeable future.
The biggest change in the next few weeks will be a change in how Mighty Motor Media – Writer, Photographer and Blogger for hire – presents itself to the world. MMM is moving from Sole Trader to Limited Company, to take advantage of the tax efficiency and allow profits to stay in the business, to support growth and business stability. It’s a change I’ve been meaning to make for a while, but have only recently been able to put time aside to research the issues and processes involved.
Mighty Motor has shown itself to be an energetic ideas factory, where many exciting things happen day to day. I can honestly say that there has not been a boring hour in the last three months. I’m determined to nurture this mighty motor brainwave into something special.