Media Work Experience
We are always looking for young writers and media studies stars interested in work experience with a busy media operation. We can help with day release college opportunities and full-time placements during holidays.
- Firm grasp of English (i.e. know how to spell)
- Social media friendly: be on the big platforms
- Good imagination with plenty of creative instinct: some portfolio even if not published anywhere
- Some art experience: decent use of camera phones
- You must drink tea or coffee or both. I drink lots and don’t need your guilt trip!
Three ideas we may discuss at interview:
- Fear can make you creatively interesting.
- Groundbreaking and irritating are two different things.
- Educated taste informs trendsetting potential.
CVs are a bit useless to start with, as you’re probably light on experience and our work is more about attitude.
So here’s what to do:
Send us a quick video shot on your phone that describes a personal passion or someone who inspires you. Or email us a link to something hosted online. Email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can be in it or not, but you must narrate it. Do a piece to camera with props, or shoot your subject and voice over the footage.
No music, but you can open with a sound clip if you want. Time limit is 2 minutes. You can get this done in half an hour: it doesn’t need to be a work of art.
We are currently based at postcode NN11 3TB, but a move towards Leamington is on the cards. Google our current postcode and be within reasonable reach.
Money: expenses at least, full-time work at best. You will get out what you put in: do the work and you will earn from it.